Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, our good neighbors on Liberty Avenue, is turning 40 this year. Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre is calling on local artists to turn pointe shoes into works of art. Inspired by the theme of Swan Lake, artists are invited to design a pair of pointe shoes using any medium and materials they choose.
The top 20 designs will be displayed in the lobby of the Benedum Center during the dress rehearsal and performances of Swan Lake, April 15-18, where they will be auctioned off, via silent auction, with all proceeds benefiting Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
Pointe shoes to be displayed in the lobby of the Benedum Center during dress rehearsals and performances, April 15-18.
RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
• Open to all professional artists in the Pittsburgh area.
• PBT will provide the pointe shoes, and participating artists may contact Mandy Wilson at 412-454-9119 or email@example.com to make arrangements to pick them up at the PBT studios at 2900 Liberty Avenue. Shoes must be picked up by Friday, April 9th.
• The 20 selected designs will be displayed at the Benedum Center.
• Designs can weigh a maximum of 10 lbs, with a maximum height of 3 ft, and maximum
width of 1 ft.
• Artists are asked to return their finished product to the PBT studios by Monday, April 12th.
• The 20 selected works will be chosen by a panel of judges from the Pittsburgh art community.
• The selected artists will be contacted and announced on Wednesday, April 14th.
For additional information, please contact Mandy Wilson at 412-454-9119; firstname.lastname@example.org Or Bear Brandegee at 412-454-9117; email@example.com.