Image courtesy of PGH Tee Flikr Group. Polish Hillarian Nathan Mould’s limited edition t-shirt from the Cotton Factory, purchased during the “Tee Rex” event.
Coming to the Red Theater in Polish Hill in just a couple weeks is the Pittsburgh T-shirt Show, a great event where you can peruse, purchase and discuss all things T-shirt. From the Facebook event page —
What Will Happen at the Pgh T-shirt Show?
* Pittsburgh t-shirts will be on display
* Marketplace – Pittsburgh t-shirt designers will be selling their t-shirts
* Demos – Screen printing demos
* Make and Take – The folks from Handmade Arcade will be helping visitors to turn t-shirts into reusable tote bags
* Food N’at – Snacks and stuff will be available
The Inspiration – Each year Spreadshirt.com, CafePress and some other larger t-shirt companies declare the first day of summer to be international t-shirt day. With a few days notice – some Pittsburgh t-shirt lovers got together to celebrate the best t-shirts in the burgh. Check out some photos from our summer celebration here. We had such a good time and got many emails that we wanted to plan a bigger better event to celebrate the t-shirts of Pittsburgh.
And, the event still has space for more purveyors of t-shirts!
Are you a Pittsburgh T-shirt maker? Want to display your shirts?
We have 2 options for t-shirt makers.
1. Display your shirt – for $25 we will add your profile to the PGHTee website and display your shirt at the event.
2. Be a vendor – for $50 you can have a table at the event and sell your shirts! The vendor fee includes a profile of your shop on the PGHTee website.
For more info about the event, take a look at the website.
The Event: PGH T-shirt Show – one big event celebrating Pittsburgh t-shirts and the people who make them
When: Saturday, October 2, 2010 3-7pm
Where: The Red Theater, Brereton and 30th Streets – Polish Hill
Cost: FREE to attend – we hope you will buy some t-shirts!