The Nationality Rooms Program
at the University of Pittsburgh invites you to its
Open to the public!
Holiday Open House
Cathedral of Learning – Commons Room
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Noon until 4 p.m.
* Visit the 27 Nationality Rooms on the first and third floors decorated in traditional fashion with guides in ethnic dress
* Enjoy performances of Holiday traditions (every 15 minutes)
* Feast on ethnic foods
* View craft demonstrations
* Shop in the ethnic marketplace
* Visit the Gift Shop for Nationality Rooms publications and imported crafts, jewelry and decorations
Other events —
Weekends after November 16 through January 11 (except December 27 and 28): Narrated tape tours are available, without prior reservation, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Saturdays) and from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Sundays). The last tape tour is dispatched at 2:30 p.m.
The University is closed Dec. 24, 25, and 26, 2008 and January 1, 2009.
December 27 through December 31: Only first come-first served, guided tours are available from 10 a.m. each day. Tickets will be sold at the Information Counter; No reservations are accepted. The last tour is dispatched at 2:30 p.m. each day.
The decorations are removed January 17 and 18, 2009. After January 23, weekend tape tours are available for the rooms in their normal appearance. Reservations for guided tours are accepted for groups of ten or more, made by prior arrangement for dates after January 2, 2009.
Monday, January 19 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day): We offer narrated tape tours from 11 a.m. to 2:30p.m.
Youths (8–18) $1
Nationality Rooms Program
4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
(Please use the Fifth Avenue entrance.)