This Xerox copy of a tattered newspaper clipping is one of older press items we have in the Polish Hill archive. The day and year was cut off, but we know that the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church was dedicated in 1905. This item from the Pittsburg Dispatch in November of that year notes that the church is nearing completion and will be dedicated on December 1.
The church was built on a site that formerly contained a brick factory. The small building just to the right of the church is long gone, but the two buildings to the right of that still stand.