STAFF OPENING AT POLISH HILL CIVIC ASSOCIATION
The Polish Hill Civic Association of Pittsburgh (PHCA), a non-profit community-based organization, is seeking a qualified applicant to fill a part-time staff opening.
The ideal candidate should possess a community involvement and/or volunteer coordination background. Excellent writing and organizational skills are a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks is necessary. Must possess a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external constituents, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines. Must be able to work independently, highly responsible, and of high professional and ethical conduct. Excellent verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail also required. Experience in maintaining social networking sites a plus.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer incoming telephone lines and direct to the appropriate staff or Board member. Take and forward messages as necessary.
2. Handle daily phone, email and walk-in inquiries.
3. Greet all association’s visitors.
4. Provide general information to callers on an as requested basis or refer them to the appropriate agency.
5. Open sort and date all mail. Distribute mail to the staff and board mail boxes.
6. Respond to association’s emails.
7. Assist with various administrative and secretarial duties, including typing, data entry, correspondence, copying, faxing, mailings, filing, record keeping, etc.
8. Assist in processing inquiries from community residents and businesses.
9. Assist in processing address changes.
10. Assist in preparing envelopes and address labels and processing bulk mailings.
11. Monitor the supply of informational forms and promotional materials. Make copies and re-supply as necessary.
12. Participate and assist with special event fundraisers and match events.
13. Providing support to volunteer board of directors.
14. Coordinating special events and activities.
15. General office management.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter by November 30, 2008 to:
Board of Directors
Polish Hill Civic Association of Pittsburgh
3060 Brereton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Or send documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org