Choose the program that is right for you!
1. Recycle Your Christmas Tree at the curb.
Trees will be collected on your designated recycling day during the month of January. Place your tree at the curb with your other recyclable materials. Trees must have all ornaments, lights and stands removed. Absolutely no trees in plastic bags will be accepted.
~ Or ~
2. Take Your Tree to one of the Following City Drop-Off Locations:
January 2 to 30, 2010 Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Trees must have all ornaments, lights and stands removed. Absolutely no trees in plastic bags will be accepted.
· 2nd Division P.W. (East End) – on North Dallas Ave at Hamilton Ave: 412-665-3609/3610
· 3rd Division P.W. (Hazelwood) – on Melanchton Ave., off 5200 block of 2nd Ave: 412-422-6524
· 5th Division P.W. (West End) – at 1330 Hassler St., off of Hershel & Steuben (next to Herschel Park): 412-937-3054
Don’t forget to recycle your wrapping paper and boxes! Contact the Recycling Division for more information. 412-255-2631
I was very disappointed to see the regular garbage truck just take 6 trees form the end of my block- I had saved all of them from this fate last week thinking they would get mulched this week, but NOOOOOOOOO! This foments a general lack of trust in the recycling program as a whole.
Have you reported this to the waste removal department? Or to 311? I know it’s too late for this year, but if they are aware of problems it might be better for next year. – Staffski