This month’s Knotweed Knockout event will overlap with the Pitt Make a Difference Day and we may have as many as 21 extra volunteers!
On Saturday, neighborhood residents and volunteers affiliated with PHCA- Polish Hill Civic Association will undertake several tasks:
The plan: Break into Three Teams:
1) Street Cleanup crew: Volunteers will canvas the neighborhood on foot.
– 10-15 volunteers (Two teams)
– Collect debris & rubbish from public spaces!
– Recycle any recyclables
– Mark & 3-1-1 report any unsafe conditions using the “myBurgh” app on their mobile phone:
– Paint over any graffiti with gray cover
2) Monument Team:
– 7 volunteers
– Assist the Monument Committe in several maitenance task
– Handrail rust removal
– Touch up painting
– Plant any available bulbs/seeds we have donated.
3) Community Garden Team:
– 7 volunteers
– Clean out plots and clean any remaining produce
– Lanscaping cleanup of garden beds parallel to Harmar St
– Cold Frame gardening setup…
*) Rain or shine, we’re a go! Buckets of suns-creen for the gingers.
*) Wear heavy boots, high-vis clothing (Jackets provided)
*) Water/hydration will be provided — Bring a reuseable bottle !
*) Rally at the PHCA around 8:30 AM
*) Breakfast snacks & whitty-banter: coffee, croisant, danish, fruit etc.
*) Supplies handout from the PHCA (Bags, gloves, rain gear, etc.)
*) Designate teams (Rocks, paers, sizors – best out of three)
*) Safety Review / keep it classy
*) Off we go! (9:30 best guess )